Mazama Climbing Beta

cman

Does anyone have any Beta on climbing in Mazama. I know about fun rock :grin: and the goat wall. i have climbed prime rib and have some info on sisyphus, restless native and inspiration route.

i am looking for info on a newer crag beyond the goat wall? also looking for route info on additional routes on the goat wall. Do the North Cascade guides still give out topos?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the guide shack is open you can get topos from the new Burdo draft. Or maybe phone in advance and ask them to leave you a copy outside.

Restless Native is the best route on Goat Wall that I have done, Sisyphus is pretty good too.

I visited the Robinson Creek/Prospect Point crag a few weekends ago. It was still mostly pretty wet - seeping. It seemed like a better autumn crag than springtime. It's interesting rock and OK climbing though. Drive out past the Lost River cabins, past a FS trailhead. The crag itself has a large talus field extending almost to the road whic hyou might spot but keep driving and before you cross a bridge over Robinson Creek (it's labelled) there are some small pullouts on the left. Park, walk 1/4 mile back up the road (back toward Mazama). Theres a trail with a cairn.