Wedge Mountain Leavenworth

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was up there last month, and I can imagine that the road is quite definitely snow free by now, as there was not much at that time. If you are concerned about it, come in from the 97 side, as even a month ago you could drive most of the way in from that direction. Snowpack was not terribly deep at that time, you may be better off someplace else - hopefully someone can give more current conditions.

The sub-peak below Wedge and a lot of the valley is privately owned by a very nice family, who we crossed paths with on our way out. They were kind enough to take us up the subpeak in their snowcat for a short lap, and later gave us a ride to our car in their cool tracked people-mover. They've got a couple miles of narrow gauge rail throughout the valley, it's their big-kid playground. They do have no trespassing signs up, but seemed mostly interested in keeping snowmachines out. Probably some potential for future access problems - although they were quite gracious, I'm sure they'd prefer all users stay off their property.

No, there really isn't enough snow. I hiked 8 miles up Ingall's creek and then headed north up crystal creek last friday to ski. Didn't really get snow until around 6500-7,000 feet on the sunny slopes. It would be a nice hike though.

There is snow up on the enchantment platuea, but I thought there would be more. I thought there would be more for longer too.

-Kathleen

I climbed and skied Mt. Cashmere last weekend. Snow level (on south aspect) started about 5500' so there was a lot of walking with skis. Once I got up near the saddle above Lk Caroline, the snow was continuous though and I was able to cover ground pretty quickly on the planks.

Was thinking though that it would be the last time I brought the skis out for lower elevation (ie non-volcano) climbing...

What time were you up there? I was up on Edward's platuea on Saturday and took a picture of the mole with Cashmere in the background. It looked pretty good.

I skiied down Hook Creek and there was quite a bit of snow, but it sure was coming off quickly!!

I probably waited a 1/2 too late to ski it. but, it sure was fun! I was thinking the same thing. There is no way I am gonna haul my skis up this far again this season!!!