Rainier June 5-12

Dave C

I know its a few weeks away, but looking to see if there is any interest of climbing Rainier between june 5-12. I am coming in from out of state and will be in the area these dates. I have done Rainier before via Kautz Glacier last year and would be looking at doing another route, preferably not DC. I have all my own gear and have crevasse rescue training. I would be up for just going up to muir or camp shurman to assess climbing skills and take it from there. Just looking to get some climbing in and meet some people while doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing if anyone is interested in doing Rainier this coming weekend. I will be in the area June 5-13 and hope to meet up with some people. Cell is 414-467-7857. Otherwise I will hike to Muir and see if I can hitch a ride with someone.

I was looking at doing something of than DC. I summited the Kautz glacier last year in July and was thinking about maybe gib ledges if it is still in decent shape. I don't want to go to crazy, I do have glacier travel/crevasse rescue experience, but I would like to stay within my means. I do plan on making it a two day trip, maybe three depending on weather.