Did three fingers loose 1/3 of its snow today?

downfall

Driving home up HW9 yesterday 3 fingers looked nice and covered, today I was driving home and about 1/3 of the mountain looked like exposed rock. These aren't scientific observations as I just stare at that during the drive every day and many days could have just blended together but was wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. Just wondering if this avy cycle could be that profound.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along those lines, was there a HUGE avalanche to the east of the top of Palmer lift on Hood? I was driving hwy 26 today and it looked like there was a very large fracture line along th edge of the gully to the far right of Palmer lift. Above Heather canyon maybe?

3 fingered jack is starting to get quite rocky. Almost the entire actual mountain (viewed from the south side) is free of snow. Spent friday saturday and most of today on the lower slopes and it was melting very very fast. lots of running water and rockfall.

he's talking about 3 fingers up in washington.

those lines to the east of the palmer are big cracks formed as the white river glacier slumps down. the extend further than most people realize, and have swallowed a few climbers at times. Currently if you make a beeline for the hogsback from the top of the palmer climber's trail, you will go right over them.