[TR] Mt. Snoqualmie - Slot Couloir 2/21/2008

ilookeddown

Trip: Mt. Snoqualmie - Slot Couloir

Date: 2/21/2008

Trip Report:

I skied the Slot Couloir on Mt. Snoqualmie today. I left the car around 1pm. There were lots of tracks down the Phantom and a few skin tracks up. One I got to the entrance it looked like there had been a few people who have skied it in the past few days. The entrance was very icy for the 30ft. The rest of the couloir was a mix of what felt like wind packed snow in the center and ice on either side. I was a challenging and fun. On the way out someone was nice enough to put up a boot track up to the west ridge and I appreciated that. The ski down the Phantom was great corn and the waterfall was very safe due to all the snow.

I did manage to lose my skins somewhere between the west ridge notch and the base of the waterfall. If anyone finds them I can exchange for beer.

View on the way up

IMGP3233.JPG

Looking down after the icy start

IMGP3237.JPG

Looking back up

IMGP3244.JPG

The nice boot pack I used.

IMGP3247.JPG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I skied The Slot with a friend on Monday and found conditions pretty much as you described except the only ice was at the very top. After the dog leg, it was soft pack and spindrift powder; great skiing. There were tracks in the coulouir on Mon. from a group that had skied it Saturday (TR on TAY), but they were barely visible. That group was also responsible for the boot track up to the ridge which we made good use of.

Didn't see any signs of ice on the N. side of Snoqualmie. Unless winter returns, I would say the NYG is out for the season.

Edited by bigeo