hitlist help

pdawg

I've got little more than a month left in the Northwest and I want to swing some tools before I leave. Any suggestions for a casual (up to WI3plus) long route? I've heard of some stuff on Hood but do any classic, not-to-be-missed rambles come to mind?

Edited by pdawg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is I-rock on Hood, or elsewhere?

Granted, I'm being lazy, but with limited time left for rock routes, I want to avoid all non-essential research. For research often turns into an ends not a means, leaving me with cheeto-stained guidebooks, a chair-numbed ass and no climbing. In Colorado, people start talking about alpine stuff about now as we don't have much in the way of summer snow slogs. I was hoping to find something generously iced, forgivingly mixed and close to the road. Also, I'd like a pony made of gold...

Having scanned the usual suspects (this site, mountain project, summit post), I don't see any reference to a route called or resembling I-rock on Hood.

Is this the mountaineering equivalent of having someone page Mike Hunt?

I did find plenty of references to the North face and Steel Cliffs. Is I-rock one of those couloirs?