LF: "Old School" Patagonia Torre Jacket

gearup5000

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't appear 1x a week, and not in my size.

Maybe once a month. I just missed a size small actually (checked completed acutions).

They had to warrantee my jacket because it was too expensive to fix. I really liked it as it was relatively light given the durability, it was a nice red, and very unassuming i.e. no stares if I use it on a rainy day to/from work.

Edited by gearup5000

ok... wait a minute. A lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty. Especially patagonias. I had a jacket have a similar issue, and since they don't make the jacket anymore, they gave me a gift card with the value of the jacket on it.

This is the reason why they have a warranty... gore tex delam usually isn't the users fault. It is a faulty product.

I did get the gift card as they "warranteed" my jacket.

(see above).

They were very good about it. The guy was very, very knowledgeable. After all, it was a 1998 model jacket - and he was keen to help me. Probably because it was a NYC store and he was used to helping "yuppies".

Yes there are "better" jackets out there now, but I liked the understated, 1 colour parka look. And it had a few key touches:

1 piece shoulder for free, light movement, gusset at the wrist for easy under gloves/less bulk (is that so hard!), I liked the

bellow-free napoleon pcokets.

Oh and the diagonal positioning is much better: it is WAY easier to access with 1 hand ex: rope in your right, go for the digital camera with the other.

It was very durable, no frills, and relatively light.

So, hoping to get another for "sentimental" reasons.

Black would be choice.

Best of all: "gore tex" was no where to be seen.

Just a patagonia tag - that's it.