Rope diameter for Yates Rocker device

Sherri

The original specs say the Yates Rocker works with 10.7mm to 12mm rope, the new Rocker(made by Singing Harness now) simply says 11mm.

I've also heard of it being used with a rope as small as 9.8mm.

I don't want to go THAT small, but I don't necessarily want to invest in an 11mm rope just for this one application, especially if it's going to end up feeding less than smoothly because of it being so thick.

My current rope is 10.2mm, but I'm ready to retire it anyway, so was hoping to replace it with a 10.5 or 10.8mm so I could use it for my general climbing as well as for TR soloing with the Rocker.

Anybody got any feedback on what diameter they best liked using with this device? (Mine hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to try it out on anything yet, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has.)

Thanks, Sherri

:)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Billygoat. :) I will carefully weigh out my decision regarding which rope I ultimately choose, which is why I am looking for feedback from those familiar the device and what they prefer to use with it. Your post concurs with what I've heard elsewhere. Thanks for the helpful input. :tup: