• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
Chopi

Mt. Shuksan - Fisher Chimneys

Anyone been up the Chimneys lately? Thinking of heading up this weekend and curious if anyone has a recent conditions report of the route.

Thanks!

I went up on July 4th. There was only one snow patch in the Chimneys then; I'm sure it's all melted out by now. Not sure how Hell's Hwy will be, but should be a go. Bring ice screws in case you need to set protection on Winnie's Slide, etc.

Anyone been up the Chimneys lately? Thinking of heading up this weekend and curious if anyone has a recent conditions report of the route.

Thanks!

I went last weekend but only got as far as Winnie's slide (where we camped). Bad weather rolled in and we opted to bag out instead of a long summit-day in whiteout conditions.

Trail is snow-free until just below Lake Ann. The chimneys themselves are 95% snow-free, and all snow can be avoided. Above the chimneys is a nice snow-bench for camping; also there are tent platforms up on the rocks below Winnie's slide.

Enjoy!