Mt. Rainier 7/28-7/31 ... Need Partner(s)

kevin trieu

My planned climb of Rainier didn't go too well as my partners bailed due to work. I'm kind of stuck because I've booked my flight and already requested vacation. I can't cancel because it's non-refundable. I'm supposed to fly into Seattle Friday 7/27 around 10pm and leaving on Tuesday 7/31 around 5pm. I'm up for a weekend climb or a 4 day climb.

So... are there any teams heading up that weekend looking for another climber? I'm easy going and I go with the flow. The destination is not as important to me as the journey. I've attempted Rainier last year in April via the ID but turned around due to weather. I'm up for any route on the mountain. I can provide a "climbing resume" too...

Four unused days is a terrible thing to waste.

Climb on!

Kevin

Trieu.Kevin@gmail.com

Edited by kevin trieu

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Kevin,

yeah me too I am in the same predicament as you my climbing partner is kind of iffy iffy.

I am in the Seattle area. keep in touch those days you posted was what I wanted as well.

I heard from people that go solo end up roping with a team.

do you want to go together and if hook up with a team?

Baps

Hey Baps,

Replied to your email. I'm for for heading up and try to hook up with a team. However, I'm also comfortable going with a two-man rope team. I was on the ID last winter with only my climbing partner. I also have another dude from CO who said he's interested in the climb but would like to do Liberty Ridge and go on skis. I'll need to see if he would like to do the DC or some other routes minus the skis instead.

-Kevin