Index-Heybrook Ridge: May the Forest Be With You

sambataro

Hello fellow climbers,

I want to inform you all about an event at the REI Seattle Store next Friday hosted by Friends of Heybrook Ridge. I am working with the Town of Index and the landowners to find a conservation solution to keeping Heybrook Ridge a forested backdrop and viewshed for the Town of Index, the soon-to-be “Gateway to the Wild Sky.” I will be speaking on behalf of Cascade Land Conservancy, but as many of you know, I am in Index nearly every (dry) week to climb on the Town Walls. If you climb, paddle, or hike around Index read below and come learn more.

Cheers,

Joe Sambataro

Snohomish County Project Manager

Cascade Land Conservancy

joes@cascadeland.org

www.cascadeland.org

Conserving great lands, creating great communities

Press Release

Date: 7-11-07

Event Date: 7-20-07

Kill Date: 7-21-07

Friends of Heybrook Ridge Presents: May the Forest be with You!

Friends of Heybrook Ridge, organized to purchase 100 acres of forest near the Town of Index for a public trail system, will hold a raffle and present noted speakers on various aspects of wilderness experience from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m., July 20, at Recreational Equipment Inc., 1525 11th Av. in Seattle. Titled “May the Forest Be with You!,” the Friends have assembled a series of half-hour programs given by wilderness experts with mountain experience from gathering mushrooms to trekking in Nepal. Among those speaking are Rick McGuire, a conservation expert, active in the Wild Sky Wilderness effort; Greg Hovander, a mycologist, sharing his knowledge of mushrooms; Stephen Bezruchka, noted writer, mountaineer, and health professional who understands wilderness as the medicine humans need; and Joe Sambataro, speaking for the Cascade Land Conservancy.

A raffle will also be held every half hour with prizes from outdoor equipment companies. The money raised will go toward the $1.3 million needed by the Friends of Heybrook Ridge to purchase the forest and transform it into an educational and recreational hiking opportunity relatively close to the I-5 urban corridor.

For further information and a schedule of the speakers see the Website at www.heybrookridge.org or phone (360) 793-1534.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic