Metolius Easy Aiders/Daisies

bellemontagne

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I played with an adjustable daisy chain setup years ago. It was a device not dissimilar from the Petzl Tibloc, but made of Lexan. Anyways, I found it less efficient. It's a pain to have to adjust lengths so often. Though everyone has different strategies for doing things, and it may work for you.

I move faster when I clip a daisy loop only at the length I need to be in the highest step I'll stand in. I know what loop will let me topstep, or be in the second step, etc.; I clip it, then move up. The etrier step heights don't change, nor do the daisy chain lengths for standing at each respective step (albeit, the angle of the cliff face affects the loop choice, too).

I have used them and the dasies are more helpful than then aiders. You only need one hand to do work with it and you can do it very quick. I'm with freeclimb though, you learn where/what steps=what loop on the chain. But the metolius things chains are faster.

if you haven't already, Metolius has a website with a long movie in it showing some shick useing them.

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/aidervideo.htm