Here's a sweet/cheap headlamp

willstrickland

So I'm sitting in this RV shop Sat getting a roof vent put in my van, browsing the Cabelas catalog. Hmmm 8 LED headlamps, for $25?!!! Looks like a good lightweight (not as light as a Tikka, but probably close) alternative to the Princenton/Petzl/BD stuff. Here's the link, and if anyone picks one up, please post and give us your impressions after you use it.8 LED Headlamp

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: willstrickland ]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a partner of mine had that one and the head band broke the 3rd time he wore it and fell down a small cliff into the outlet of lake serene and was probably washed over the falls. (poor headlamp)

Made for a "interesting" bushwack in the dark sharing my headlamp, [hell no]

two things i noticed on the web site: 4 AA batteries (compared to 3 AAA batteries in the tikka) and looks like a rubber headband. i say somethings are worth the extra money, and a compact, lightweight headlamp like the tikka is one of them. however, that headlamp is supposedly waterproof... i bet divers would appreciate the security of a rubber headband rolleyes.gif" border="0

Yeah, definitely a little heavier, but solves my main gripe with the Tikka (which I don't have, AAA batteries? no thanks, everything else I have uses AA...walkman, camera motor drive, etc) and the Princeton LED-retrofit (which I do have) is the 3 LED config just doesn't put out enough light. For wandering down a trail or reading, or even as a little security for a long route they're fine, but for genuine leading such as finishing an aid pitch after sunset, I want more light. I solve this easily because I can just pop the LED module out and the halogen into my Princeton, but then I know I've only got about two hours of light