scarpa denali

imorris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a pair. They are baby blue rather than red. And are marketed as the Denali XT (or Denali 2001). I have not found them anywhere in the US. My understanding is that they are a little stiffer than the red ones. They ski great. In fact, I'd say they are a litlle too stiff. And I like really stiff boots.

Not much to hike in but they ski great.

Hakioawa, you're right on track. the Denali XT is not available now in the US/Canada. However, it will be this coming fall. I work for Black Diamond. We import Scarpa to the US and Canada. Your assessment of the boot is right on too. It's essentially a really stiff shelled Denali. The fit should be the same as the old Denali, as the shell last and molds are the same. Have you found that to be true?

quote:

Originally posted by EW:
Hakioawa, you're right on track. the Denali XT is not available now in the US/Canada. However, it will be this coming fall. I work for Black Diamond. We import Scarpa to the US and Canada. Your assessment of the boot is right on too. It's essentially a really stiff shelled Denali. The fit should be the same as the old Denali, as the shell last and molds are the same. Have you found that to be true?

You work for BD huh? did you se the thread on Android Leashes? They should really do something about that little problem.

Yeah I think they are every bit stiff enough. In fact perhaps a little too stiff given the upright stance. It is a little difficult to stay forward in them. When you do they really power the tip well and the ski initialtes a trun real easy. Its not a subtle boot. If you sit back though you are screwed.

EW,Cool, thanks.

(Just in case you didn't notice) I was the one who had them fall apart while climbing. Twice. I have fixed them a third time and they seem to be working now. But I'd say that my faith in them is sketchy at best.

I know I should have sent them back and wrote a letter and all that stuff. But that takes time and money. Two things I am short on these days, plus what would I climb with?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that, as I did not recieve an e-mail from you. Any word on the 17 cm express screw backorder situation? Thanks again, take it easy.

Matt

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Lambone ]