Sacajawea NF?

I dug up this old thread.. TG says its AI2. Any one has some info about the current conditions? More snow? Or is it too late into the year already?

I tried reaching TG by phone, but he's off till Monday. Any one else climbed this face? Also, how feasible is it to try this route car-to-car?

I've never been to the Eagle Caps, and there is not much info on the interweb. I have the Burstad hiking book, but that does not have much info about the peaks/climbing options.

Help out this bro willya?! :mistat: TIA!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pup, I haven't climbed the route but I approached it and turned around because of some seriously deep snow. Even post holing to the face didn't take that long. I bet you could do it car to car. As for conditions, your guess is as good as mine.

I did a multi day trip in the Wallowa's in late March 07. We attempted Sacajawea on our last day but turned around due to weather. This trip report might be of use but it was a month in a half ago... Trip Report

It would be a long day car to car but it is doable.

I doubt you will find any ice. Here is what the face looked like in late March:

282312.jpg

The plan was to go up the ridge and either follow it all the way to the summit ridge, or to traverse out to the north face to avoid the rock, whatever looked better up close. But the weather turned on us half way up... I'm definitely going back to complete the climb next winter.