Charlet Moser M10 Crampons

Dennis_the_Menace

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a pair for a couple hours last year (in dual point mode) and they performed well. A friend of mine also tried them out, but in monopoint mode. He liked them as well, but wasn't ready to ditch his Trango Harpoons just yet. The crampon seems solid and well made. The front points are a much harder steel than the rest of the crampon but that shouldn't be a detractor. I don't think you will have any material failure problems and they shouldn't fall apart on you as long as you check the bolt tightness occasionally.

I recently got a pair and have used them on one long mixed route. They are very solidly built. I thought they climbed great, but I don't have much experience with vertical point crampons to compare them with. There are a lot of adjustments, it is true. Most of them are a big pain in the ass, but the flip side is that they seem extremely unlikely to fail. Several of the adjustments are to make them fit your boot precisely, so you would probably only adjust them once.