• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
tbh

ride from geneva to chamonix info

I'll be heading to chamonix for six weeks day after tommorow, what is the best/cheapest way to get to chamonix from geneve airport at 1 in the afternoon. also what good hostels/cheap places to stay. route recomendations or any other awesome things to to there in the spring.

thanks

Tom

the easiest way is a combo of bus/train, but I would take the shuttle, google it. its worth a few extra euros. but I believe chamonix.com or something close to that has alot on this. Chere Coulior is a classic as is Frendo Spur, CM (sp)on left side of north face triangle on du tacul. South Ridge Aig. de la perserience (sp) just a few. There is a office to get condtion reports across the street from the tourisom office. walk by the guides office and head up stairs. Have fun!

There's numerous transfer services, some cheap, some not so cheap. The train is long and a pain by comparison