[TR] Ball Butte - West Sizide 3/15/2007

gapertimmy

Trip: Ball Butte - West Sizide

Date: 3/15/2007

Trip Report:

It had simply been too long since I had been out on the sled, or for that matter, skiing at all. My last day was an epic 21" freshie fest at Willamette Pass, Yesterday however marked some of my first CORNPLABLOVIN TURNS of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I heart the pow, and it is still winter, but corn is tehplab.

The snow on the way out to the boundary was pretty manked up... firmbird, and runnels seen up on high in the hills had me a bit worried about the conditions we would find on Ball. But as it came time to boot up, the corn was looking good (and so was schralper, that sexy beast)

423177323_3bad6532af.jpg

Most definitely it appears as if Brokentop had a pretty good slide after the big storm cycle which was followed by this warming pattern (no surprise here). The crown, as you can see, started below high noon where the sun bakes inside the bowl and really spread pretty far.

423177387_91b9dfffaa.jpg

We saw a couple of d00ds ripping sickter turns down the bowl while we were drinking some Miller Champagne. Alot of the East Facing slopes and the flats had some pretty crazy runnels which made for mass picture fun.

423177408_6227382ac2.jpg

Needless to say, the corn was oh so plab

423177435_9779b17c4c.jpg

You can't beat skinning in a t-shirt, having an excellent hill all to yourself, and finishing off the day with an Inversion IPA and some beautiful Central Oregon alpenglow.

423177468_72a20d4d2e.jpg

423177510_f13a8eaf47.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic