Mt Hall near Bonners Ferry

pu

So, Before I go up there and get access permanantly closed because I didn't know the proper etiquette would someone please give me the scoop on routes/parking etc? Pm Me if it is super private hush hush kind of stuff. I have heard about the parking area but I would like to confirm it and who to ask for permission. You can also call me.

I would also be up for a tour. I am a semi reliable partner.

Thanks!

Joe 208/755/9008

Edited by pu

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What climbing on mt Hall? I've picked berries all over it many a time (grew up there) and never saw anything. Now over the border on the same ridgeline in BC, well there are those awefully chossy looking big time cliffs above Creston. And there is cool thorium mine inside Mt Hall, but that's all on private property and locked up I believe. Not to mention you might glow a little after spending a few days in there.

If you are talking about the cliffs right above Mt Hall school, but not on Mt Hall itself, I can tell you they are good granite, with up to 100' nice crack lines on the East side and a lot of moss. I only climbed there solo a long time ago, so I can't say I accomplished much without a rope or rock shoes. A few miles back towards BF there is a nice cliff one can see from the highway to the East with some picturesque yellow pines on top. The obvious crack on the lower face is pretty big up close, kind of 5.10 or 5.11 offwidth. But that cliff belongs to the folks that live in the house right below. 25 years ago they were downright unfriendly about climbers on their property. But that might have changes hands by now. My suggestion is to walk up to a house nearby and ask. Contrary to what the media thinks about N idaho, most folks up there are very friendly. There are a lot of nice looking boulders on the benchlands nearby too.

If you get some good climbing with landowner permission, post the results please. My cabin's 10 miles from there. I bet some locals have put up routes under the radar.