Has anyone tried the La Sportiva Muira's?

Paul_C

I have a pair of Aces and a pair of Minima's that I currently climb in, but the minima's are disentegrating and I find the sole a little soft for what I am climbing. I guess that I am looking for a shoe that is a bit better at edging while not being a board last, cause I dig overhanging terrain. The Muira's seem pretty good.

Does anyone have opinions on the Muira or any other possible options? I would definatly prefer lace up.

The only real drawback I can see with the Muira's is the cost (185 CDN, which I suppose is only about 45 USD at the rate the exchange rate is going downhill).

Thanks

Paul C

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miuras are great!! They edge better than any shoe I have ever tried before. I only use them for harder sport stuff though. I could only recommend them for face/sport because of how tight I have them sized. I have never actually used them for crack climbing although I'm sure they would perform well. I use 5.10 Ascents with a looser sizing for crack/alpine stuff.

the Muira's absolutely rip!!!

they are worth the money.

I use the muira's for thin cracks & steep face (typical style of many Squamish routes).

I put the Muira's are in my pack every trip these days (insurance).

I was taught to size them really tight when you buy them, they will stretch about 1 size and then they are perfecto!

I use boreal ace's for longer multi pitch crack climbs.

and I am using a pair of cobra's for shorter sport misc.

good luck!

ock

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by jblakley:

... I use 5.10 Ascents with a looser sizing for crack/alpine stuff.

Aha, I've been considering these myself for cracks because of the combination of the low profile and a stiff sole. Just can't decide on the size. How much do these stretch? Does the sole stay stiff? Thanks!