Desirable snowshoe routes?

Alpine_Tom

I'm going snowshoeing this weekend with a friend and his kid. They want something similar to the hike up to Camp Muir, or at least Pan Point, in terms of difficulty and openness (we did Rampart Ridge last winter, and she hated all the slogging through the trees.) Since MRNP is closed, anyone have any good suggestions closer than Artist Point?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

is any route w/ snowshoes on desirable? :)

the closest i got to getting killed last winter was taking my big brother out on snowshoes for his first volcano experience (he's a damn Easterner) - walked around timberline on hood w/ him and was so engrossed in a story of family drama he was spinning i didn't notice the cornice i'd tap-danced onto 'til it exploded under me, allowing me to ride a sweat-o avalanche down a gully for a few hundred feet - yeah! that'll convince my brother my jackass lifestyle is safe!

don't know the status of the road, but perhaps you could slow-shoe up to cascade pass?

the closest i got to getting killed last winter was taking my big brother out on snowshoes for his first volcano experience (he's a damn Easterner) - walked around timberline on hood w/ him and was so engrossed in a story of family drama he was spinning i didn't notice the cornice i'd tap-danced onto 'til it exploded under me, allowing me to ride a sweat-o avalanche down a gully for a few hundred feet - yeah!

That sounds almost as fun as your tumble down West Crater Rim. :brew: