New Canuck Liberal Party Leader

Skeezix

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the best choice for the Libs but I'm still gonna vote for the candidate, not the party, so let's see what tired hacks get trotted out by the parties for Chilliwack. The local Conservative MP guy here is actually surprisingly effective for someone with double asbestos induced lung cancer and not long to live.

Given the field, he was certainly the "Green"est candidate, at least in his rhetoric. But as Environment Minister his walk didn't quite measure up to his talk.

Ken Dryden would have been fun, just because I liked watching the opposition during Question Period when he was in cabinet. When he got up to answer questions during one of the more heated debates, the Tories started chanting "Pull the Goalie" until the whole House collapsed giggling like school kids - it was one of the finest moments in Parliamentary history.

And I couldn't agree more, Dru. I wish the Conservatives would put aside their moral objections and get started on cloning Chuck Strahl. Why do all the halfway decent and honorable politicians lately seem to be dying of cancer? First Chuck Cadman, then Ray Peters here in Squamish, and now Strahl - it's like personal integrity is a death sentence nowadays.