Trad Mentor / Climbing Partner Wanted

AR_Guy

After taking this summer off from climbing to hike the PCT (which kicked ass, btw), I’m looking to get back into climbing. Before I left for the summer, I led lower grade sport (5.7-5.8, Mostly Exit 38, a little at Vantage) and had followed at Tieton and Vantage in cracks a few times (and loved it).

Goals by the end of summer ‘07: Generally increase my climbing skills / ability, especially in cracks, learn to lead trad and all that implies, do my first alpine climb, and purchase a trad rack (so I don't have to mooch gear).

I’m looking to spend time in the gym (Stone Gardens is my preferred) over the winter (evenings after work), taking advantage of outdoor opportunities on weekends as weather allows. Come next spring / summer, I’d like to spend quite a few weekends at Tieton and Vantage (or L’Worth, Smith, or wherever in the NW) in/on the cracks.

My attitude is pretty casual. I’m out to ENJOY climbing, not having it turn into work. That being said, I want to get better and will put in the effort.

So, I guess what I’m looking for is someone willing to take on a guy who came to climbing late (I’m later 30’) who’s a relative newbie climber who wants to step it up a level.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic