Madrone Wall Update

wayne

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wayne. I was there a few weeks ago and it was fine. A few things have overgrown but nothing important and there are no crowds. Just like before Tim's guide came out. Its still closed to climbing though, so you got to be real low key and park the car down the road. I believe the county has given up on trying to quarry there because of land use laws and what not but, are unwilling to back down and open it up to climbing.

quote:

Originally posted by Don Gonthier:
Hey Wayne. I was there a few weeks ago and it was fine. A few things have overgrown but nothing important and there are no crowds. Just like before Tim's guide came out. Its still closed to climbing though, so you got to be real low key and park the car down the road. I believe the county has given up on trying to quarry there because of land use laws and what not but, are unwilling to back down and open it up to climbing.

The Access Fund is still in negotiations with the County in an effort to purchase the land and/or designate it as a state park. The hitch as I recall is that the County has to find an alternate site for quarrying.