Royal Basin

nolanr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up. just went up to play in my back yard yesterday. the road is finally open to the upper dungeness. fired up tyler peak on a semi clear day and got a good 360 view of things. royal basin looks like clear sailing until you gain the lake. things are still looking way alpine up there. We had a bunch of snow this year. the peak at the end of the dungeness ? is looking sick. better be up for the twelve + miles to get back there. Buckhorn and Iron and that whole cirqe is looking mighty tasty as well but i am sure you will need skis past the tubal cain mine. Tyler was cruisr, killer dear trails the whole way. semi soft in the afternoon but things firmed up on the north east face. the summit pyramide was kind of a bitch, short but lots of up and down and around steep chossy gendarms getting over to the proper coulor. I decended the snow into the basin then traversed/ bushwacked left as it pinched off. regained the trail after about twenty minutes of side hilling. maybe four hours but i was'nt counting

a nice day all the way around. I don't know what to tell you about the permits, i have yet to get a ticket myself but i am sure it is only a matter of time.

peace out

Thanks. I bailed on the trip, I'll save it for later. The snow is crap right now where I've been in the Cascades, I wouldn't expect it to be significantly better over there. No ski gear. I have snowshoes, but it's almost friggin' June already, those guys should be set aside until next winter. [Wazzup]