Partner(s) wanted Seattle eastside

go_up

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I have Sunday free to climb at the exits or anywhere close to Seattle.

I have several decades of experience; traditional rock and mountaineering.

I am not climbing at a high standard due to a lack of opportunity in the past few years, but happy to have a rope in my hand. I have held more than just a few leader falls, mostly on a hip belay (old school), but promise I will bring my ATC.

PM soon. I have rope, gear, car, etc.

Sloupe

Hey Go_up and Smloupe, I find myself in a similar situation. 47, at it for 30 years, Rack, rope, truck, but very few to out and up with. I haven't done any ice and very little alpine, but I have big wall exp. and old-school habits. I can lead 5.9 or better and can follow almost anything up to 5.11. Aid is my forte. I just want to do some long trad classics but will go for just about anything. We should get together and do some old-school trad stuff. I'll check my pm's if you guys are interested. Oh yeah, I have Mon., Teus. off.

Hey all....I've got some vacation to burn so can, and want to do some midweek climbing over the next couple three weeks. Not as much experience as you, moved from mountaineering to multi-pitch trad last year, and ticking off/leading easy to moderate alpine routes last summer and this. Want to do Cutthroat peak south buttress before the days are too short. I have a shiny new/light rack that I can contribute with superfly/dyneema slings, new C4s, etc.

Hi all. Since this seems to be, in part, the "over 40" partners thread, I figured I might as well throw my hat, er, helmet in the ring. I've been climbing on and off since '79 (mostly on lately) and currently lead 9ish trad/sport. I know all about hip belays, carabiner brakes, and hexes (as well as other things you wouldn't recognize), but nowadays my rack is full of all the shiny new things you'd expect. Only trouble is, I'm down here in Bend, but if you're thinking about heading down to Smith or Beacon, give me a holler. - Steve

BTW, anybody interested in meeting up in Leavenworth over Labor Day weekend?

Wayno,

I had a great day at 38 with you on Tuesday. Getting me on the sharp end of the rope means I felt as if we had climbed together for years. Have fun with your "Moldy Oldy Climbers" meet. Regretfully, I'm headed back to Nova Scotia. If any of you find yourselves in eastern Canada, drop me a line. I have also been known to meet people in Maine or New York for some climbing.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

SM

SM,I had a great time also, even on those dinky sport routes. I still got scared on the steep stuff.I find the older I get, the less it matters what I'm climbing and the more it matters who I'm climbing with and the setting. That's probably one reason why I have never been in a gym. I'm getting a little response on the Older and Bolder thing and it's encouraging. I've got some numbers and I'm gonna call around and see who's game for some adventure.Viva la Old School. Wayno.

Sounds like there's some actual interest in a meet-up in Leavenworth. Its 300 miles for me (one way), but if there's going to be somebody to climb with, I'll be there! I can do Saturday and Sunday, and maybe a couple of routes Monday morning before I have to head back. Wayno, sounds like maybe you're thinking about Sunday and Monday? Anybody else able to fill in the gaps? How about it, can we get a quorum together?

Hope to see you all there - Steve

[Wayno: check PM for contact info]

The first annual Old School Rendezvous at Leavenworth? Actual interest? I'm certainly up for it. C'mon you Advil eatin' Beer is food sorts, Let's get it goin'. Anyone else looking to climb with other gray haired gear savvy kooks, let's hear it. I think my wife will let me go, unless this is successful, in which case she'll find some project ...