Interesting Proposition

carolyn

Someone passed my name onto an advertising firm in downtown mpls. They are building a climbing wall in their office for a "partners" going away party. He is going to Nepal for six months. They want to hire me to basically keep them safe as they climb. They bought 800 bucks worth of gear (harnesses, helmets, ropes, climbing holds, biners, etc) and their contracter - whoever that is- will be building the wall next week. After looking over the site I am all over it as long as I get to make sure the anchors are secure and I personally have an area to run if the wall tips over laugh.gif. I asked the going guiding rate. After seeing WHO they are, I now wish I had asked for double. Since this is a disposable event, I will also be acquiring all the gear at the end of the party.

As soon as I got on the elevator, I started laughing my ass off. What a great time this will be!!!!!

yelrotflmao.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, waivers will be signed.

Ive spoken to a few people in my area who have done similar things. As long as I am not part of building the wall, I have no liability there.

Its a 60 million dollar company.

I think if anyone was going to sue someone for anything, the advertising firm would get it, since all I have to my name is my cat and a 1995 geo prizm.

Someone passed my name onto an advertising firm in downtown mpls. They are building a climbing wall in their office for a "partners" going away party. He is going to Nepal for six months. They want to hire me to basically keep them safe as they climb. They bought 800 bucks worth of gear (harnesses, helmets, ropes, climbing holds, biners, etc) and their contracter - whoever that is- will be building the wall next week. After looking over the site I am all over it as long as I get to make sure the anchors are secure and I personally have an area to run if the wall tips over laugh.gif. I asked the going guiding rate. After seeing WHO they are, I now wish I had asked for double. Since this is a disposable event, I will also be acquiring all the gear at the end of the party.

As soon as I got on the elevator, I started laughing my ass off. What a great time this will be!!!!!

yelrotflmao.gif

Only something as silly as this would happen in Minnesota. Otherwise sweet deal with the gear!

Only something as silly as this would happen in Minnesota. Otherwise sweet deal with the gear!

yelrotflmao.gif Aint that the truth! yelrotflmao.gif

I went down to see how the construction was going. Im actually pretty impressed.

I even got to shake the hand of a multi-millionare! shocked.gif

yelrotflmao.gif Aint that the truth! yelrotflmao.gif

I went down to see how the construction was going. Im actually pretty impressed.

I even got to shake the hand of a multi-millionare! shocked.gif

is he single?? wink.gif