White River Ranger Station open for permits?

snowball

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck David, hope you are able to kick in steps all the way to Liberty Cap as I'll be heading in from WR campground June 4th! Looks like this Monday (29th)and Tuesday (30th) may give you a shot, weather-wise. Be safe on the Carbon, post those pictures and tell your partner to bring earplugs, you snore like a bull getting stuck in the ass with a leafblower hahaha.gif.

Seriously, be safe and have fun. wink.gif

Stoney Richards was manning the desk this morning. We were hoping to summit via Lib Ridge on Monday and were prepared for the cold temps and possible retreat from Thumb Rock should avy danger above look bad. We were encouraged by the weather forecasts over the past few days, which didn't show that much recent precip (even estimating new snow by multiplying Paradise telemetry by 4 didn't look too bad), but when he told us that Camp Schurman received something like 18" of fresh overnight, we bailed on the Lib Ridge plans. Since we were lacking skiis, we drove home.

Good luck David, hope you are able to kick in steps all the way to Liberty Cap as I'll be heading in from WR campground June 4th!

Well... if you thought you were wallowing in a lot of snow last year on your trip out here, I'm thinking you might get a shift in your perspective this trip if you're heading up on Sunday.

Stay safe and have fun. There's a lot of snow up there and me thinks it hasn't really found a good home yet.

-kurt