I need directions to link photos...

chris

OK, some I'm trying to get thumbnail images of my photos in the Gallery onto my trip report. I can ling the location, but it doesn't show the actual picture on the post.

If you've read my posts you know that I am seriously challenged by modern technology, polysyllabic words, multi-tasking, and basically any writing that doesn't include spell-check. Let's assume I have difficulty following lego instructions.

Please give me clear, simple, step-by-step instructions on how I can make this happen.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not great at this either, but this is how I got it to work.

There are two addresses that you'll need, and it's probably easiest to cut & paste them into a temporary notepad file before you do your post.

1) you need the URL to the web page that shows your full size picture. It'll have showphoto.php and a bunch of numbers in the address. When you're viewing your full size picture in the gallery, just copy the address from the browser's address bar.

2) you need the image location for the thumbnail. When you're viewing the picture in your gallery, it'll have the thumbnail-size image down below the big picture. Do a right click on the thumbnail picture and choose Properties. Then copy & paste the Address from the window that pops up. It should be something ending in .JPG

once you have those 2 addresses, go write your post. when you want to put the thumbnail link in, click the URL option under UBB code. The first thing it should ask for is the URL for your link, and you paste in the First address there.

Then, the second thing it'll ask for is the web page description. Here, you need to type in and then paste in the .JPG address, and then type so it's all in the one line. Then hit okay, and it should fill it all into your post. It should look something like the line below. Preview post to see if it worked.

[url=http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=18178&size=big&sort=1&cat=500][img=http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/503/6196Crack_of_Doom_-_Morning_Glory_Spire-thumb.jpg][/url]