Fatal accident at Chek, Sunday May 14

There was a bad accident on the Crest at Chek (b/t Squamish and Whistler) this past Sunday. I'm a little surprised this isn't getting more press.

http://www.squamishclimbing.com/squamish_climbing_bb/viewtopic.php?t=933

I was at the scene and also spoke with the RCMP constable who did the investigation, and the details of what happened are still unclear to me. However the accident happened while descending via rappel.

Rest in peace, Lois.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids, read before you reply . . . confused.gif

Squamish rez

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:20 pm Post subject: FYI

------------------------------------------------------------

An RCMP report states that the woman is 59-year old Lois Ann Nordstrom of Port Coquitlam. She passed away of injuries sustained in the fall at the scene.

------------------------------------------------------------

Panda

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope she is OK and kudos to those that helped and did their best to help out.

Just copied from the other site:

Lois' family has asked that information about the service for her be forwarded. It will be on Tuesday, May 23rd, as follows.

Viewing from 10:30 - 11:30 AM, Woodlawn Mission Funeral Home, 7386 Horne Street, Mission, B.C.

Service at 1:00 PM at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, 33522 7th Avenue, Mission, B.C. Reception to follow. Please rsvp Margaret Hanson at Margaret_R_Hanson@yahoo.ca if you plan to attend, so that necessary arrangements can be made.