[TR] Snow Creek Wall- Outer Space III 5.9 4/18/2006

alpinerack

Climb: Snow Creek Wall-Outer Space III 5.9

Date of Climb: 4/18/2006

Trip Report:

Yeah, I know, it's another late TR.

Conrad (aka thekorn) and I met throught the cascadeclimbers.com climbing partners forum. We quickly made plans for a trip to 11worth to get aquanted with one another. With no actual plans in mind, we decided to go check out Snow Creek Wall. The 2 mile approach to the wall went fast until the creek crossing where we would post hole through the snow every other step we would take. Thankfully the snow pittered out as you get closer to the wall.

8990IMG_0001-med.jpg

Conrad climbed the first pitch which was a little wet but easy.

I did the 4th class traverse to two tree ledge.

After the traverse we were stuck in the shade for the rest of the climb. The temperature quickly dropped on the wall which led to a lot of shivering at belays and numb, throbbing fingers while climbing.

Conrad lead the 3rd pitch which started with a great 5.8 crack followed by the infamous 5.9 travers.

8990IMG_0011-med.jpg

I lead the 4th pitch with a 5.6 runout over big holds followed by 5.8 climbing up the right facing corner up a pedistal.

Conrad lead the 5th and 6th pitch which were completely amazing. 300 vertical of pure crack climbing with nobs everywhere for your feet.

8990IMG_0014-med.jpg

We topped out with just barely enough daylight to get down the gully before dark.

Lots of TICKS!!! They were everywhere!

On Tues. the 19th we climbed Gun Rack 5.9 at Clem's Holler and Javeline 5.10a at Special Spot. They were both great climbs.

Gun Rack

8990IMG_0024-med.jpg

Javeline

8990IMG_0029-med.jpg

Thanx for all the great leads Conrad!

Gear Notes:

Full rack, headlamp

wish I brought gloves for my numb fingers!

Approach Notes:

Lots of punching through the snow at the creek cossing. The descent gully is pretty wet in spots.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic