Spences Bridge - Goldpan Ice

tlinn

As usual I had the day off when no one else was available to climb so I headed off from Kelowna in search of ice.

- Had a look at Private Idaho on the way through; too thin right now.

- Spences Bridge Overflow was gushing like crazy and the right side still hasn`t touched down.

- the Goldpan area had a couple good climbs. Happy Boy was a bit too thin but Energizer was good enough to climb. While on the way down from Energizer I went over and had a look at After the Gold Rush and it looked nice so I went over there for a few hours. After the Gold Rush is a bit thin but climbable. I made the mistake of leaving my pack below the first steep pitch and I had to try and scramble down a choss/dirt chute with some of the worst rock I`ve ever encountered. This was true training for the Rockies at its best. Whatever you do follow the recommended descent route!

- afterwards I had a look at Oregon Jack from the field. It looks in and there was a car parked at the end of the road. I didn`t want to get out of my car because there was a pack of dogs I didn`t want to mess with. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic