Searching for Vancouver area ice climbs

icedavid

I will be travelling to Whistler next week (mostly for a skiing trip), but would like to try some Canadian ice if I have time. It would need to be close to Vancouver (preferably between Whistler and Vancouver), top-ropeable (I will only have my wife with me who will not follow a lead), and easy access from roads that a FWD rental car can easy navigate. Are there any areas that fit this bill?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is any ice in right now in the geographic area you specify. You might try the Moaning Tree Wall although you will have to walk in about 2km from the point your car will get to to see if it's in or not. Mystery Roach north of Whistler is another option that also probably isn't in.

To put things in perspective, on a scale of 1 - 10, the skiing at Whistler right now is around 11, while the ice climbing potential between there and Vancouver is probably around 1.5 (or less). Take advantage of the snow conditions and ski until your legs can't take it anymore. rockband.gif

• 9 months later...