[TR] The Rambles- Upper Cirque: Column and P-S Dihedral 1/22/2006

Don_Serl

Climb: The Rambles-Upper Cirque: Column and P-S Dihedral

Date of Climb: 1/22/2006

Trip Report:

I had an ACC ice weekend scheduled, and with the lousy weather I just about cancelled it outright. However, most of those who phoned were newbies, and it seemed reasonable to get out for a day, cuz whatever we found (so long as it was frozen) would be fine for them.

In the end, Graham R and I plus Mario L, Dan L, Greg U, and Jenny H went to the Rambles and spent the day in the Upper Right Cirque. There was lots of ice, and it was pretty dry, 'cept for the Dihedral late in the day. Also had fun drytooling the rock dihedral left of the Column.

We met Adrian B and Krystal at the parking spot. They headed up Rambles Centre, and left a glowing description etched into the mud on the back of my Land Cruiser. They had been to Marble Canyon Saturday, and had good things to say about the amount of ice (plus a few digi photos to prove the point). Icy BC is not formed, but the rest is fat and climbable.

Not much, but at least there's a BIT of Wet Coast ice around...

cheers, don

Gear Notes:

usual...

Approach Notes:

deep fresh snow, but easy going.

Edited by Don_Serl

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you enjoyed my little bit of art on your car Don!! Rambles center was great fun. We went up to the top step and Climbed left finish and right finish. Both in good condition. I'll post the marble pics and rambles etc on the west coast ice website.