Baker Conditions

MtnScott

I believe that there was a T.R. not long ago for the Park Glacier, though they came in from Ptarmigan Ridge (if I remember correctly). The Schrund at the top of Boulder Glacier is pretty big and may present a problem, but if it does you should be able to head up the cleaver or the Park Glacier headwall. I've climbed this way in at this time of year and though I don't remember whether it was an unusual snow year or not, we found a blocking crevasse requiring us to exit onto a pitch of very treacherous rock, but it was 5.easy treacherous rock, and the 'schrund was small enough where we crossed it that a bit of ploughing with the ice ace was sufficient to get us up the upper lip without great fear of falling in.

Heed Terrible Ted's complaints about the approach. The trail is bushy, buggy, and boggy. And then there is some brush and mud. But the camp is scenic and there are fewer people on this route than other relatively doable routes on the mountain.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was on boulder glacier not too long ago...we turned around at 7,000 ft not because of the route, but rather the other cameraman forgot the film...oh well...it looke dpretty good though...the trail is wet as hell and the usuall slog through a marsh is still there...have fun...and bring 100% deet...you'll need it... [big Grin] looks like only one main scrund to cross and the rest looks like it will go easily. you could do the ridge variation ...it would probably be easier this late in the season