Boots for the big dogs

fenderfour

I would like to start skiing this year, and I only want to buy one pair of boots. My final goal is to put together an AT setup with some Dynafits. Here's my problem - finding a Dynafit compatible boot in US 15. I've looked around, but I can't find anything. The Scarpa Matrix comes in Mondo 32, but they say it's a 14, not 15.

If that's not an option, what about other AT boot/bindings systems? Does anyone support size 15 feet?

Thanks y'all

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really cannot find any AT boots that are large enough for your feet, one option would be to buy some regular old alpine boots (quite a few models have a ski-walk mode so you can at least unlock the forward lean in the cuff). Alpine boots are compatible with Naxo's and Fritschi's and probably the Silvretta Pure bindings too.

This set-up would be heavy and your boots wouldn't have a rubber sole for hiking, but it would at least get you into the backcountry.

(probably also a good idea to double check that Fritschi, Naxo, and/or Silvretta even make their bindings large enough for whatever alpine boot length you need before you start buying any of the gear)

Boot sizing can vary up to a full size not only between diff. manufacturers, but sometimes even between diff. models of the same manufacturer!!!

Fritchi bindings come in different sizes...that is different length of titanium bar.

Fritschi Diamir Freeride AT Bindings 2004

Small

<39

245-300mm

Medium

39-45

280-335mm

XLarge

>45

330-365mm

A tour around the actuall stores is what you looking for...