Shuksan, NF

Climzalot

Michael, I think I saw that guy up there once. He was on his fifth try then. There was an ice crust over powder and about 15 feet of rock. I saw him back off three times. That was a sketchy ski descent and climb. It is amazing how different a route is year to year...jason hummel...

SummitSki.JPG

[ 05-20-2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: AllYouCanEat ]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailed on the North Face at about 7600 feet on Saturday. Bad visibility, rain and soft snow. Approached via the White Salmon Creek. Snow shoes a must right now. Conditions on the face were quite variable. Where the new snow had avalanched it was enjoyable neve but where it had not it was deep and miserable. It was really warm up there on the way down. As soon as we get some freeze thaw action higher up the route will be in great shape. White Salmon looks fine for descent. Please email with specific questions.

cgentzel@aai.cc

Dude, I thought I felt your presence through the other side of the mountain! Could you feel me?

is it me or is shuksan the hardest "easiest" mountain there is? I've got a friend (you know who you are) who is a great climber and hasn't summited after SEVEN attempts! Fuck that. I think I'll stay away from the Price this year, although I'ts become quite the yearly tradition.