Steinbok Mountain

JaapSuter

Hi,

I'm looking to get in touch with people who have climbed or scrambled up Steinbok mountain. Can anybody tell me how steep the different faces are? Somebody assures me that one side is 90 degrees vertical to overhanging for over 300 feet and that it has BASE potential. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Feel free to reply here or email me at base@jaapsuter.com

Thanks,

Jaap - http://www.jaapsuter.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it is not jumpable. We scrambled in about 3.5 hours to the top of Steinbok last Saturday. We spend a lot of time rappelling down to different ledges but couldn't find anything that was vertical enough to make a jump. It took us about 3 hours to scramble down afterwards.

Intense bushwacking although the abundance of blue berries everywhere made it bearable. The rockslide and granite slab above the bushwack is a breeze. Overall an incredible scramble, highly recommended. Great views from the top, and standing at the base of the wall is very intimidating.

Cheers,

Jaap

The logging camp seems to be there still. At the very least there were still some sheds, and it seemed there had been logging as recent as last year or two years ago.

We got the key to the logging road. If you get in touch with the logging company you can pick it up somewhere in Chilliwack. Send me an email if you need their phone-number.

Approach without a key will add about 15 kilometers of mountainbikable road and another 8 kilometers of hikable road (we 4WD'd that part, but the road was completely overgrown).