[TR] Far Side Posing 8/7

SemoreJugs

Took some friends climbing for the first time today at Far Side. Not a bad place for beginners and less zoo-ish than Mt Washington and Deception crags.

Did some VERY SHORTies. 99 Grit (5.9) which everyone got up! Not bad for first climb! Agreed, the grades at 38 are soft. But still, not too shabby.

Did the 10a and 10c to the left of that.

Then, I saw the glory route. The testpiece. The 11d by which all 11d's should be judged...

For me to POOP on!

I have no idea what the name was. It was a cool-looking corner/roof with a mantle exit. I never buy a guidebook for sport crags since you can always just borrow someone elses (suckers).

Naturally, I saw it as my duty to impress everyone there and made them think I was a hardman, despite my true deficencies...heh...heh...

the_finger.gif

Well, I was able to onsight it.

Funny thing is, I haven't been sport climbing in over 2 months. Havent been bouldering or TRing in the gym in about 2 months. Mostly been doing alpine trad in the upper 9, lower 10 range, grade II-III, lately.

And thats the hardest O/S or Redpoint I;ve ever done. Honestly, it was really just a protected highball.

Therefore, I must reason that it is more like 11b, or that gyms are BS and I should save my money and use it to buy PBR to liquor up the girls at the crags instead.

After the gritscone warm-ups, we ventured up to find the Interstate Wall. After blundering around the Gun Show area and doing a lot of up and down, we located the Interstate. The left side is a piece of junk. There were better routes on the middle and right. However, everyone was already tired and pissy from the hike up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start... so we settled for some shady routes that went at 5.fun.

Swam in the river on the way out. There were lots of daisey dukes, 16 year olds and toothless 40 year olds splashing about. The PBR, Texas-sized pickups, and gunracks were in effect!!! Sweet!

Yay. Here's to a chill day of cragging. Nice reprieve from the stress of Alpine and MUCH easier approaches!!!!!

<b>Gear Notes:</b>

circleheads, 4 lost arrows, bongs, leepers, do-whiz-its, barnacles, scabies, piss-watery beer (to ward off dehydration).

bigdrink.gif

To my dismay, there were no goats about. WTF? confused.gif

Edited by SemoreJugs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic