anybody got Montrail CTCs?

dt_3pin

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they seem a little big and "clunky" on me. I tried on a pair of the D7 after I bought these, and they seemed a little bit less "clunky". However, they look good, and that is pretty important. They are marketed at "approach shoes", which is a sneaky way to sell running shoes. I'm sure they're all good, its more about the fit. I'm going to encourage you to go to the store and try a some on now. Fit is what is most important about shoes.

I've got some CTC's as well. For me, the heel slips more than the Vitesse, but way less than the D7. Feels like they all use different lasts, which it's kinda messed up, since they're all made by the same company. The sole is soft and noticibly more grippy than the Vitesse. For haulin ass on trails, I still prefer the Vitesse, and for rock hopping, I'd prefer a proper boot, so that doesn't leave much room for the CTC's. I hear they're wicked good at grocery shopping, we'll see...