vasque m-finity

forrest_m

7546.jpg

the boot in question

anybody used these? what do you think about using them for alpine climbs? the description makes them sound one step removed from a fruit boot, but they look like competition for sportiva super trango or similar? thanks in advance.

(i'll have a chance to try them before buying, but i'm curious if anyone has first hand experience)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question, no. However, here's an option that might serve a similar(but lighter) purpose: the Charmoz GTX is a new model Black Diamond/Scarpa started carrying 2-3 months ago. It looks roughly equivalent to the La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX; perhaps slightly beefier. I've never seen them in person but they look like they might be great 3-season alpine boots. Good luck in your search. Scarpa Charmoz GTX

thanks for the suggestions. i'm in a little bit of an unusual situation in that, rather than searching for the "ideal" boot, i have a credit with vasque that i am trying to decide how to spend. (i.e. do i blow it all on the m-finity or do i get a 10-year supply of trail runners?) thus the specific question about whether anyone has personal experience with this boot.