Exit 38 Climbing This Afternoon

AR_Guy

Anyone interested in doing some climbing this afternoon at Exit 38? I can be there by 5:00. Weather looks half way decent.

I'm a newbie (I can do most 7's and some 8's at Stone Gardens) - I'd like to try the Gritscone in the Farside area. I've only been on real rock a couple of times - I have gear to TR and a 6 pack of draws (I've led a couple easy routes and want to try more).

PM if you're interested.......

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone rally up to your cry to go out to exit 38?....What's Stone Gardens like?....I've been a VW rat for the last year and never checked out the place?....just lost my belayer (uhhhh maybe split up sounds better rather than lost---don't want to sound dangerous) so I'm lookin for a new one.....

anywho...give a yell if you're still lookin.....I climb in or outdoors.... I lead 9's/some 10's sport routes in/outdoors.....

shanna

Nope. No one respoded. I guess a total newbie doesn't rate - or perhaps it was the area. I'm new to it so I'm not sure which....

In the end it didn't matter - I decided to check it out anyways, more for scouting purposes than anything. Got up to the Gritscone about 5:30 or so and there were three other (very nice) folks there. As I brought all my gear (on the off chance that there would be folks there willing to take on another person), it worked out well. Things were mostly dry (a little damp in places)- I suppose two dry days are necessary for Gritscone to toally dry out.

I had fun - did my first 5.9 on real rock (well, pumped out, dropped off, took a rest, started again, dropped off at the crux, restarted at the crux and worked through it to the top).

The only gym I've climbed at is SG, so I couldn't compare to VW. I like the place - parking is a little tight on Tuesday nights is about the only gripe I can come up with. Every time I've gone, there seems to be a good selection of routes at all difficulty levels (although I admit to focusing on the stuff in the 7 to 8 range).

I'm always looking for someone to climb with....the more the merrier. I'll PM you........