Royal Columns

ApeMan

Who was the moron that untied the slings from the top of Nimrod's Nemisis and retied them into an American Triangle? Sobo and I put those slings in place as self equalizing anchors. Can you give me any kind of reason to change that set up beside being a dumb ass?

Climb down at Smith if you want to do shit like that.

Larry

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate you owning up to retieing the slings, not many people would have. I just hope no one gets hurt using such a "neat" solution to anchor systems.

Thanks really it was just a matter of admitting to myself I was a moron and a dumb ass. After that it was easy!

bigdrink.gif

I don't know what your anchors look like, but if the difference between self-equalized slings and the American Death Triangle is what it takes to make your station "safe," I think I'd rather do a different climb.

Obviously, all things considered, it is better to have the anchors equalized than not - but I always find it amusing to see how people go to such lengths to make sure all eight rappel slings are involved in the system and that the GIANT quick link is backed up. You'll often see this on some pair of piece-of-crap anchors when there is a good solid tree not ten feet away.