Dome Peak - Access?

whodgman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the most pleasant way is to approach it from Cascade Pass over the Ptarmigan traverse to White Rock Lakes, then either continue up and over Itswoot, camp, tag summit, and go out Downy Creek *or* tag summit and return to camp at White Rock Lakes, then backtrack to Cascade Pass.

If your only goal is Dome, you could do it up and out Downey/Bachelor creek, but going up that trail is no where near as nice as going down it. However that would be a 2-3 day trip instead of a 3-4 day trip.

Another option might be to approach up Agnes Creek to near the Gunsight peaks, however I think those trails are not frequented often so it might be interesting going especially in upper Agnes Creek.

does anyone have experience going up downy mtn, and then along the ridge over pt 7088 (pilot pk?) to the cub lake area? It probably wouldn't be easy, but it might be pretty-- and could be made into a loop with the river trail. I recall that the green becky guide said that the cub lake side of pt. 7088/pilot pk had a bit of loose class 4, which I suppose could mean a lot of things. but if it could be downclimbed or rapelled, that could be an interesting cross country route.

also, at least a month or so ago, the bridge over downey creek was washed out.