how 'bout some beta?

Charlie

Sorry, this isnt a contraversial post,I just want some good old fashioned climbing beta. Have any of you guys done Galaxy(5.9) on snow creek wall? Is it sustained 5.9? Is there good pro? Where's the crux? Are there splitter cracks? What size? Is it worth doing? Also, has anyone been up to Ingalls lake? Is the road clear yet? Do you know anyone who has skied/snowboarded down the Cascadian coulier on Stuart? Is it a go?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Charlie,

Galaxy(5.9) on Snow Creek Wall is a heap. Definitely not in the same class as Outerspace, Orbit, Mary Jane, etc. It is not sustained and the pro is not bad, but the rock is not the quality found elsewhere on the wall and there is not any good exposure as found on other more classic routes. I've done it once and will not do it again. Whereas I've done Outerspace maybe 30x and Orbit maybe 15, M.J.~5x, Iconoclast 5x. You can definitely spend your climbing time on something more worthwhile.

Cascadian Couloir is a good ski and has been done many times.

Mitch

(Try skiing the sherpa glacier from the summit!)

[This message has been edited by Retrosaurus (edited 04-18-2001).]