First Impressions of the 7TM binding.

snoboy

OK, one day on them so far... some random thoughts:

-Wow, easy to mount, only four screws, no heel piece, good template. thumbs_up.gif

-Hmm, these "95mm" brakes are having a bit of a hard time fitting these 90mm skis, have to bend 'em a bit. frown.gif

-Easy to get out of. thumbs_up.gif the toe bar doesn't seem to hold on to your boots like the G3 does. thumbs_up.gif

-I bought these partially so I could click out when doing ski patrol duties, and so far that seems to be a reasonable way of working. Now I am no longer feeling that I am might not be keeping up with the guys and gals on alpine. Even with the brakes it seems easy to get in and out. We'll have to wait and see if this is cool in powpow or no.

-The climbing lifter gets a bit in the way when walking around with the binding on your foot, but I guess they aren't really designed to be used this way. thumbs_down.gif

-They ski differently than the G3, but not much. I think they are slightly more active. I also have them mounted about an inch forward of where my old bindings were (on boot center now, instead of pinline/CC) so that may account for some of the different feel.

-I can feel lumps through the soles of my boot! frown.gif this is with Scarpa T1s...

-I had to turn the DIN down about 1 notch to be able to twist out of them... this seems to agree with a lot of people's experience. No prerelease yet...

-They seem like a well built piece of gear., but they look quite complicated.

-There is no way to clip the heels down like the G3 has. I liked this for shouldering my skis during short boot packs. thumbs_down.gif

-The hole pattern interferes with the G3 pattern, so you will have to move your mounting position if you are switching between these bindings. thumbs_down.gif

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic