Mt Deception thurs/fri

Blakej

I was thinking of heading up and knocking off Mt Deception in the olympics. I'll probobly do the approach thursday afternoon and then knock off that peak and head back friday. Its only a 2nd and 3rd class climb but there are some other options in the area if time permits. Having a partner would be nice for saftey considering the area is fairly remote and I've heard deception can be hazardous if not taken seriously. Call (360)698-6647 or pm if interested. ask for josh.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was giving Royal Basin some serious thought today but went to Muir instead. Regarding difficulty, don't believe the Class 2 rating. Not more than 3, but people have fallen to their deaths attempting the NE face (or so the ranger told me).

Avalanche danger would usually be a concern in the winter. Surprise Basin (just beneath the NE face) is a bit of a terrain trap, catching slides from Fricaba as well. However... the danger seems unlikely to be too high at this time of year. I'd join you but I've used up my days off, alas.