Thu Jan 13 backcountry skiing near Baker

ania

Um, ok, Dave_Schuldt is right that I can't entertain myself on blue runs for 28,000 vertical feet. So this is an upgrade to my previous partner search (which, mind you, did not find me *any* partner candidates):

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/428076/an/0/page/0#428076

How 'bout 2800 vertical meters for my 28th birthday, in the backcountry near Baker since Baker actually has snow.

Skiing with an unknown partner, I'll want to be conservative about avalanche assessment and other risk factors. That is, I'll want to ski stuff that I'd be willing to ski alone. (And if no one replies, I may end up skiing alone anyway.)

Edited by ania

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't do 2800 meters of skinning, so I'll pass. But this -- if you want to ski backcountry alone, please don't come to Baker. After 6 people died in just over a year, we got smart about backcountry safety, and we try our best to educate (cajole) new bc users to get smart, also.