Therm-ic Heated Insoles

carolyn

A secret admirer (or maybe a climbing partner sick of hearing me complain about cold toes) got me some Thermic heated insoles for xmas. I had a chance to try them out somewhat extensively this week and had great success!!!!

4 out of 5 days I never had cold toes. The one day they were cold was my fault anyway. Didnt put on gators because I didnt expect to posthole so much. Feet got soaked, cranked the heat and the batteries ran out too fast.

Basically the set up includes a thin warmer the size of your average "toe warmers" which is placed under the insole of your boots. A flat, connecting wire, approximately 2ft gets taped along the insole and comes out of the boot, where the battery attaches. There are three settings. #1 10hrs @91degrees, #2 4hrs @ 104 degrees, #3 1.2-2hrs @ 149degrees. I found the highest setting to be almost too hot after a short amount of time. The 2nd setting was the most comfortable. And the 1st setting allowed my feet to get cold, but not miserably painful. The temperatures I tried these in ranged from 10 F. - -10F.

You can get a wire extension so you can put the battery packet in your pocket. It seemed to work well for me to get some double sided velcro and wrap it on my base layer of clothing around my calf, then hook the battery pack to that. Occassionally the wire would slip down and bunch up under my foot. Nothing to difficult to fix, especially in exhange for warm toes.. The battery pack never seemed to get in my way. In fact, I never really noticed it.

Charging was convenient. Just plug em in before you go to bed and hook em back on your boots in the morning.

I cant believe what a difference it makes in my day to have warm toes. So, if you or anyone you know suffers from easily frozen toes, I would highly reccomend the thermics. Here is a link to some more information

thermic

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they were on sale.

I climb ice a lot and my feet always make me miserable, to the point I had started climbing less. If you have serious issues with cold toes, its WELL worth the mula. If I had known they worked so well, I would have bought them years ago!

I think they were on sale.

I climb ice a lot and my feet always make me miserable, to the point I had started climbing less. If you have serious issues with cold toes, its WELL worth the mula. If I had known they worked so well, I would have bought them years ago!

Whatever gets you out! Didn't mean to dis you. In fact, I'm one of your secret admirers! blush.gif

Whatever gets you out! Didn't mean to dis you. In fact, I'm one of your secret admirers! blush.gif

No 'dis taken bug wink.gif, except maybe from iceicebaby. Im not ashamed of my new gadget. I think there is a big difference between the ability to keep your 'core' warm (ie./using a heated jacket) and your extremities (ie/using heated footbeds), especially for women. Whatever works to keep you out and enjoying the day !bigdrink.gif

Yeah. I've known two women now who have the lizard syndrome. I forget what it is really called but their exremities just shut down so all the heat stays in their core. Their fingers turn white knuckle by knuckle even if they are sweating. Core temp has nothing to do with it.