Telluride?

rockermike

Does anyone know if Bridalveil falls (Telluride) is open for climbing? Anyone done it this year? Conditions/ grade?

thanks

Oh yea, back on "tools" question;

From what I hear if someone is going to buy new tools you should stick with top brands; BD, ChM, or Grivel; any cheaper options that still work well.

thxs

(edit -right you are - bridalveil - duh)

Edited by rockermike

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last year people poached and it wasn't a big deal. just don't go on a weekend. and don't climb under the powerhouse. you might call http://www.chamonixalpineadventures.com/ophir.html and ask antoine what the current status is and if he's been doing any guiding on it this season. last year it was super fat and beautiful ... but with a few to several pitches of wi5 & wi6 was way beyond even my following capabilities. cry.gif pleast post a tr and pics if you go!!!

I lived in Telluride in the late '70s. A friend of mine climbed the thing basically on his first day out on vertical ice - but that year it set up with chimneys and ramps the whole way up. Maybe WI4. The next year he tried again and took a 60 ft winger. Pumped out on long dead vertical section. I tried it once but suffered from the wimp factor after the first pitch. I wonder how often it sets up in the WI4 range; or was that a one time fluke?

Edited by rockermike